After a great deal of fun over the past two weeks celebrating Christmas with family and friends, one can be forgiven for any feelings of being totally overwhelmed at the thought of the New Year. However, after spending a little of my time looking at the wonderful blogs on Pinterest, I have been able to focus my thoughts on what I hope to achieve in 2016. (I don’t like to call them resolutions!
- To really try and make my life (and that of hubby’s) a lot more simple.
- To try and earn a little more through my different creative skills. ( I so love all things crafty!)
- To try and save towards my dream of a camper van.
- To develop opportunities to help others through volunteering.
- To have a lot fun doing all of the above.
- To live out my faith every day.
Having reached the grand old age of 57, I think that it is time to relish each day and count my blessings.
One of the blogs I follow is that of Eliza Cross at http://www.happysimpleliving.com . For January I am following her Money Diet. She reminds us of some of the things we can do to spend less, but enjoy more of our lives. Have a read. I loved day 2 . I spent some time yesterday evening looking through a basket of toiletries and made sure that I treated myself to a luxury shower! My skin felt amazing and it was totally free!
I hope that 2016 is a wonderful year for you all and that you feel truly blessed by enjoying what you have been given.